In my dreams, I always leave the house fabulously put-together. Not a strand of hair out of place, nails perfectly manicured, and makeup, well, on fleek. In reality however I’m lucky if I manage to slick on some lipstick before dashing out of the door. I’ve been practising my busy morning routine lately, aiming to at least get the beauty basics complete before heading out for the day, and here are my top tips that make a big difference in my morning routine.
1. Never skip the cleanse! If you fail to clean skin properly when in a rush, the rest of the time you spend on your beauty routine will be a waste, so invest in a multi-tasking cleanser that suits your skin type. The Origins Mega Musroom Skin Relief Micellar Cleanser doesn’t need soap or water so can be done in a flash, but still removes dirt, makeup and pollutants from skin. Plus, as it’s part of the Dr. Weil range from the brand, your skin will be fortified with antioxidant-rich Berry Ferment ingredients which helps the skin to build up resilience against environmental irritants.
2. … Or the moisturiser! Moisturising your skin needn’t take ages, and gone are the days that we have to sit around waiting for it to dry. My skin has been really benefitting from daily moisturisation, always feeling and looking soft and supple. For busy mornings I use the Vaseline Spray Moisturiser – it’s a spray on product which makes application a breeze, and super speedy, and it sinks into my skin almost immediately. There’s none of that sticky or greasy feeling but I still get the same nourished and incredibly soft feeling that I get with hefty butter formulas.
3. Makeup Priorities! If you’re in a rush, prioritise which makeup is most important. Can you leave the house without brows in place as long as your complexion is looking perfect? For me, it’s all about a flawless base, but I don’t have time to sit blending to perfection so the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser is the one I reach for when I’m in a rush. It gives that no make-up look developing into a healthy, dewy colour, and it’s also hydrating and softening on my skin so I can skip the moisturiser and primer!
4. Transform your Eyes. Mascara is one of the most transformative items in any makeup collection, but on those busy mornings you don’t have time to curl, wiggle the wand, de-clump and wait for it to dry. Choose a mascara that opens up your eye, curls lashes and creates volume all in one, such as the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. Just one lashing of this stuff gives you killer lashes which means you can ditch the liner (and even eyeshadow) when you’re dashing for the door.
5. Always have Emergency Makeup in your handbag! Decide which products are your essentials and pack enough in your handbag makeup bag for days when you don’t have enough time to apply at home. I pack a mini pot of foundation, a tiny concealer, travel mascara, bronzer compact and moisturising lipstick so that I can top up while on the go.
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Vaseline, but as always, all views are my own!