Love it or hate it, there doesn’t seem to be much escaping Valentines day – whether you’re single or coupled up. Either way, I love to find some moments for some ‘me time’ around Valentines, whether that’s before a date night with Charlie, or an evening with the girls. Today’s post is just a few ideas for how you can pamper yourself for Valentines, or any time of the year; and I’ve teamed up with Häagen-Dazs (yes, dream come true!) to share with you my real Valentines routine.
Keeping it Real
Valentines doesn’t always have to be about fancy meals and splashing lots of money and this year Charlie and I are stripping it right back and enjoying an evening in together, cooking, watching a film and enjoying a pamper evening! One of the things I love about being in a long term relationship is that we’re now at a point where we are equally as happy enjoying time together in our home, as we are at a super expensive restaurant.
This year we will stay in on Saturday night, stick on our onesies (we have matching ones) and spend half an hour debating which film to stick on before commencing our Valentines Pamper Routine. I think the notion that pamper nights is just for girlfriends is now officially over; if Charlie had his way we would be using a clay detox mask at least twice a week!
To create more of a romantic ambience Charlie will light all the candles in the lounge, including a new favourite from Diptyque which makes the room beautifully rose scented even if their isn’t a bouquet in sight!
What does this have to do with Häagen-Dazs, you may be thinking? Well, just like our V day plans, Häagen-Dazs also like to keep it real. They understand that real, good quality ingredients are all you need for a scrumptious and luxurious dessert; the ice cream uses a base of only five ingredients including milk, egg yolks, sugar and delicious real cream.
Charlie and I will be fighting over flavours butI’ve already stocked the fridge with my personal favourite; Strawberry Cheesecake (yes, I bought another tub after devouring this one!).
Netflix & Chill. No, really.
Here are a few of my favourite ways to Love Yourself on Valentines Day:
- Take a bubble bath!
- Treat yourself to a Mani/Pedi
- Indulge in a cleansing face mask (Charlie and I both love the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask!)
- Take a walk outside, you could even borrow a neighbours dog or use BorryMyDoggy if you want someone to cuddle on V day!
- Make time for some yoga! Either at the gym or with a free yoga video.
- Indulge in your favourite dessert (no prizes for guessing mine!)
- Schedule in a massage in your own home.
- Buy yourself a new set of lingerie that makes you feel fabulous.
- Stick on a soothing Spotify playlist and pour a large glass of win!
- Buy a new pair of killer heels that make you look and feel sexy!
- Take a scenic drive or discover somewhere new.
- Watch your favourite film and have an early night.
- Pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers for your home.
- Rub some lavender oil or balm onto your temples to totally chill out.
- Go to a pet store / dogs home and play with puppies!
My Key Ingredients for Valentines Day
What are your plans for Valentines day? Will you be keeping it real?
This post is in collaboration with Häagen-Dazs!