What’s All The Fuss About?
I know, I know, you’ve heard it a million times before – that Coconut oil is just SO good for you. To hydrate, to cook with, to use as skincare. You know it’s good, but do you know why?! I certainly didn’t before I started to look into it recently – what could possibly be so great about it, I wondered? Well, so, so much.
Here are my top reasons why I love it – and the best part is, it’s now easier and more indulgent than ever to add into your skincare routine thanks to the new Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Lotion and Body Oil products. Read on to find out why this one ingredient is Beauty’s worst kept secret.
5 reasons to Love Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is full of vitamin E, which is just about the most moisturising thing that you can apply to your skin. With it’s power to provide long lasting moisturisation to even the most parched of skins, it’s no surprise that Palmer’s have chosen it as the hero ingredient within their new range. The natural coconut oil replenishes the skin, which instantly soaks up the goodness. The lotion and oil are both free from parabens, glutens, sulphates, mineral oils etc so you can be sure that you’re only providing your skin with the good kind of moisture, nothing synthetic.
- As well as moisturising the skin, coconut oil also has healing powers too! Coconut oil has been used for would healing for as long as anyone can remember – it improves antioxidant enzyme activity and stimulates collagen linking which helps tissue to repair themselves. Anything that helps boost collagen also works to smooth and plump the skin giving a more youthful effect too.
- Of course it’s healing powers make it a great soothing balm too. I always find Palmers products gentle and soft on my skin, and the Coconut Body Lotion is no different. Thanks to it’s natural make up, it helps to minimise outbreaks and irritation, and can even be applied to sensitive skin after shaving, or after sun exposure.
- As I mentioned earlier, it’s an incredible anti-ager. As coconut oil is so rich in antioxidants, it helps to ward off free radicals which give the skin a head start in fighting the aging process.
- It’s affordable! Usually ingredients with the sorts of benefits mentioned above will set you back a fortune – but often the simplest solution is the best. Coconut oil is abundant, making it affordable as well as effective. The Palmer’s products both retail at under £10 – a total bargain!
The Benefits of Body Oil
There’s nothing more sumptuous than slathering skin in a rich body butter, but recently I’ve also found myself reaching for an oil, and as well as the benefits listed above, there’s so much to love about the Palmer’s Coconut Body Oil. I slather it over wet skin after a bath or shower and enjoy the heavenly fragrance for the rest of the day. Just like the Body Lotion, it contains Tahitian Manoï Oil and Tiarè flower petals giving it a light and delicate scent as well as the light tropical scent of the coconut.
What Else Can Coconut Oil Do?
Chances are, you’ve already got a jar of Coconut oil in your kitchen, having made the switch from olive oil for cooking. You can use the pure coconut oil for a huge variety of beauty treatments too. A few of my personal favourites include using it as a hair mask, applying a generous amount through the ends of hair after shampooing for an ultra hit of moisturisation. It also helps to de-frizz too and bring shine back into limp locks.
It’s moisturisation powers also make it a great lip balm, and at room temperature it’s the perfect consistency for application. Equally as a cuticle softener pre or post manicure, and it’s light consistency make it a super hydrating eye cream too.
The uses and benefits of Coconut oil are endless, I’d love to know if you use Coconut Oil in your beauty routine – what are your favourite ways to use it?
The Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Lotion and Body Oil are out now and available online and in Boots & Superdrug!