Try it, Love it.
It’s been a while since I wrote about a beauty box here on Fashion Mumblr. It seems that there are endless options when it comes to choosing which beauty box to receive, so how on earth do you choose?! For me, a beauty box is most valuable when it contains brands that I hadn’t heard of before, hadn’t tried, or perhaps had heard of but hadn’t been able to get my hands on.
I discovered the Tili box recently, in fact this box is actually only their second ever box, and it just seems to tick every box. As well as offering full size products from luxury brands that I know and love, it also presents brands I’d not heard of – and even includes a treat from Tarte – a brand which isn’t widely available to purchase in the UK.
In case you didn’t know, Tili, standing for Try It, Love It, is the beauty box created by QVC. This time the box contains products worth almost £100, and yet retails for just £20. (The Tarte mascara along is worth almost that!) The boxes are released quarterly as opposed to monthly, and once they’re gone, they’re gone! So there’s an element of exclusivity too. As well as being beautiful and totally instagrammable, the boxes are also a different colour each month, and the sturdy design makes them ideal for makeup storage.
Arriving at the perfect time, the new box released on October 1st also includes some mini travel sizes of a Caudalie Moisturiser, Niod Hyularonic Complex, and Philosophy Bath & Shower gel – which immediately went into my suitcase ready for my upcoming Greece trip!
I don’t think I’d have gone out and purchased a Volumizing hair mousse, but as the box includes a Percy & Reed Volumising Mousse, it gives me the perfect opportunity to try it out. That’s what I love about these boxes – it’s so easy to get into a routine that you know and love, without experimenting with new products – the boxes present them to you on your doorstep, so there’s no excuse!
On that note, here are my top 5 reasons why you should sign up to a beauty box!
- Expanding Your Beauty Horizons! Echoing my paragraph above, the products within a beauty box may be different to what you’re used to adding to your shopping cart, and yet because they’re there, you’re likely to try something new. Who knows? You may just discover a new favourite! If it doesn’t work for you, never mind, you can pass it on to someone else, and you’ve saved yourself some pennies by getting it as part of the box and not a full priced version from the shop!
- You save a ton of money! It always amazes me how good value these beauty boxes are. You only have to tot up the value of one or two of the products within it to exceed the price you paid for the entire box! The Tili box retails for £20 yet the products inside are worth £99.84 – that’s an insane saving!! As the value is so staggering, the boxes also make fabulous gifts – how generous to spend £20 on a beauty box, and gift the lucky recipient with products worth around £100!
- You Discover New Brands. I’d never heard of Niod or Spackle before, but thanks to the Tili beauty box, I’m now able to try their products without taking the leap of faith and splurging on a full size version. The Niod Hyaloronic Complex is designed to plump, comfort and hydrate the skin which is just what I need as the cooler months start to affect my skin, while the Spackle Bronze Primer will give the effect of a healthy Summer glow despite the lack of sun in the gloomy Autumn and Winter months!
- You can stock up on travel sizes. Is it just me that begrudges paying the inflated prices for travel sized products at the drugstore or airport?! I hate being ripped off, so when I open a beauty box to discover travel sizes, I immediately store them away ready for my next trip. Even if you don’t have any trips planned, the minis make for perfect handbag products, or small versions of your favourite products to keep in your gym bag. Equally the mini Pixi eyeliner is perfect for your handbag makeup bag too – it’s always handy to have an eyeliner on you for afternoon top ups, and the Pixi Silky Eye Pen is one of the softest I’ve ever tried.
- You can try cult favourites. Beauty buyers, your friends, Bloggers & YouTubers – there’s always a product or two that is heralded as a cult favourite, and the Tili beauty box gives you the opportunity to see what all the fuss is about! Whether it’s an iconic brand such as Tarte or OPI which you’d read about a million times but never tried, or one that your favourite blogger is obsessed with like Caudalie, you can join in the conversation once you’ve tried the hero products within the beauty boxes!
Have you ever received a Beauty Box? What do you think of the Tili Box from QVC? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Tili boxes are £20 each exclusively available from QVC, and this box is out on October 1st!