Clivedon House Made for the Perfect Festive Getaway
Last week, to get into the festive spirit, a hand picked bunch of Pandora ambassadors headed to Clivedon House for a couple of days of festive fun. Just under an hour away from Marylebone station, I can’t help but think that the stately National Trust home is somewhat of a hidden gem – and one that I am already eager to return to.
We all stared with wonder and awe as our cars drove up the long, grand driveway up to the house – the palatial mansion would be our home for the evening and we couldn’t wait to explore. After a brief check in, we were shown to Spring Cottage where the festivities began.
Eager to capture Christmas content, I vlogged the trip – so take a peek at the video above to see more of what we got up to. Festivities began with a Christmas Gift Wrapping masterclass – we all picked up a few tips which will certainly improve our present wrapping this year! Here are a few tips for that perfectly wrapped gift;
Gift Wrapping Tips!
1. Double sided tape is your best friend! Neat, and stays out of sight – this is your number one essential for creating perfectly wrapped gifts!
2. Organise your supplies. One of the tips which we picked up was to keep hold of beautiful decorations and ribbons that you may have collected in previous years, and keep these little bits and pieces organised. You want to be able to see them all clearly to best choose which ribbons and details will work best with your paper!
3. Instead of tossing away wrapping paper and ribbons that once covered other gifts, you can run it through a shredder and use for lining gift boxes and bags.
4. To wrap the perfect box, the key tip is not to use too much paper. Measure your gift against the wrapping, and before trimming check that the ends overlap by just a couple of inches.
5. For a neat and tidy finish, use a ruler or even your nails (depending on your mani!) to score the edges of the gift wrap so that it perfectly fits the edges of your gift.
6. If you want to mix it up a little from the usual festive ribbon, why not try a decorative tape? Washi Tape looks particularly great with craft paper for a more ‘Scandi’ finish.
7. Make your own gift tags! Either from old Christmas Cards, or even DIY with a festive craft punch and some coloured cards.
After our masterclass in the art of wrapping, it was back to the main house for a scrumptious lunch. Us bloggers were in heaven with the photogenic interiors and exquisite Christmas decor! We enjoyed a three course meal before heading back to the cottage for more festivities. Before we bag our afternoon’s workshops, we made the most of ‘golden hour’ by the river, taking some whimsical shots in the warm afternoon sunlight.
Then it was wreath making, we wove pines and eucalyptus onto our moss frames, and added festive decorations of baubles, berries, stars and more to create a perfect wreath. Mine is taking pride of place on our front door!
It was then back to the house to prepare for dinner; I indulged in a long bath before getting myself ready in what is quite possibly the most grand room I have ever slept in! I dressed in a black sparkly LBD for our evening meal where we were treated to a perfectly wrapped gift from our Secret Santa! I was delighted to find the beautiful Locket Necklace complete with tiny silver charms inside as my gift – an accessory that I’d had my eye on for quite a while!
After a restful slumber, I awoke early to explore the grounds as the sun was rising – every moment falling more in love with the spectacular stately home. We enjoyed a hearty breakfast (pancakes, bacon and maple syrup of course!) before taking some final photos in the courtyard and heading back to Beaconsfield to catch our train back to London!
The festive getaway has truly got me into the Christmas spirit – as well as giving me some gift inspiration for loved ones this christmas!
Thank you to Pandora for a fabulous retreat! Discover the Pandora Christmas Collection here.