A treasure trove for trinkets, unique gifts, and handmade pieces, it’s no surprise that Etsy is a ‘go to’ destination for many brides-to-be. Whether it’s choosing a unique ‘be my bridesmaid’ card, or a handmade cake topper, there’s almost every type of decoration or gift you could imagine on the marketplace style website.
As I begin to plan my own big day (finally!), Etsy has been my go-to source for choosing those special touches that will make the day even more special. It’s fabulous for DIY decorations, sustainable swaps, and personalised touches, so today I thought I’d share my top 10 pieces for Brides-To-Be to pick up on Etsy!
Read Next – Top 2019 Wedding Trends
The first thing that caught my eye was this dried flower bouquet. Florals are going to be a huge part of my day, and there’s something so lovely about the idea that a bouquet could last forever. While I am yet to choose my colour scheme for the wedding, and so my perfect bouquet, I thought this was a fabulous idea for brides opting for a rustic wedding, perhaps a barn or tipi style wedding – and a wonderful moment of the day to keep for years to come. Whether or not you’re buying for a bridal bouquet, I think dried flowers also make fabulous home decorations, this bouquet is now taking centre stage on our dining table, and all of our friends have complimented the beautiful decoration!
Let The Fun Begin…
Instead of trawling round the highstreet searching high and low for fun pieces to add some excitement to your hen do or Photo Booth on the big day, Etsy have an entire section dedicated to these fab little extras.
Instead of hiring out a professional company to decorate a location for a hen do, Etsy have some beautiful balloon options such as these gold confetti balloons, paper pom poms and tassels – a fabulous photo area or backdrop can be created without having to spend a fortune! I love the idea of making your own backdrop and then picking up some phone Photo Booth props like this set which includes selfie glasses, lips, champagne glasses, diamond rings and more – to add a little fun to your selfies!
As well as for the big day itself, there’s plenty of fun props for the Hen Do itself like these Bride To Be glasses within the photo prop set, fun bridal party sashes, and even games you can play with your girlfriends.
My Top Ten Bridal Buys on Etsy
- A floral prop is always a good idea, and these floral initials are something lovely that you’ll be able to keep after the special day itself! From a florist or highstreet retailer this could cost an absolute fortune, but the Etsy options are both beautiful and super value for money too!
- Photo Booth props are a great way to get the party started and encourage your guests to get creative in the Photo Booth or with their own selfies! This set contains everything from silly glasses to diamond rings and champagne glass props!
- Whether for the Photo Booth or for decorating the room, these tassels are a super way of adding some girlie decoration to a space, perhaps for your hen do,or the big day itself!
- Perfect for a hen – do, these bridal sashes are great for wearing on your special night out with the girls!
- As well as props, Etsy also has some beautiful accessories to wear on the day itself such as this beautiful boho crystal hair vine – a beautiful adornment for your bridal hairstyle!
- Even the most organised brides need a little help with keeping all the information about the big day in place, and this Marble Wedding Planner book is perfect for keeping track of everything, and acting as a lovely momento to look back on in years to come.
- I love the idea of something a little different for a guest book, and this wooden heart board is a great idea! Guests leave a short moment on the wooden hearts and then they all slot together to make a beautiful piece of art to cherish at home!
- For boho brides, this dried flower crown is an absolutely beautiful option – in fact I think I’d wear this even if I wasn’t walking down the aisle!
- Biodegradable confetti is the way forward, and nothing beats rose petals like this selection from Etsy!
- For more traditional brides, this champagne coloured confetti selection is simply stunning, and also biodegradable so allowed in most churches and venues!
Would you pick up any of your wedding day decorations or gifts on Etsy? Check out Etsy’s blog on 2019 wedding trends here.
In collaboration with ShopStyle x Etsy